Amazon Cloud Cam Security Camera Review
In today’s world, security is of utmost importance for the people. You cannot always stay at home or keep someone in charge at all times. You can have valuable pieces of jewelry at home, or you can have other things which are of high importance to you, for which you need to keep an eye at all times. So, it is vital that you have security cameras installed at your place of importance. You can have little kids at home under the guidance of a paid labourer or maid. You will need to have a keen eye on what is going on at your home because you can never put the security of a kid in question. With the latest amazon security camera, you will be able to see the movements of your kid and also other people who might be in charge of the house in the time being.
Blink home security camera will give you a sense of belonging even when you are not in the house.
• Stay connected always - Catch activities as life in 1080p Full HD. You can either watch, download, or even share the last 24 hours of motion alert video clips for free.
• Notifications – Always get notified whenever the Cloud Cam sees any activity. You will be able to check in anytime or watch motion clips on the Cloud Cam mobile app.
• Clear vision even in the dark - Night vision enables you to detect what’s all the time.
• Two-way audio –you can check in with your family or also tell your dog to stop barking.
• 30-day free trial of Cloud Cam Plans – Get Smart Alerts and advanced features like a person and audio detection, Zones, and see up to 30 days of video history.
• Compatible with Alexa - ask Alexa to show you the live feed on your Amazon Fire TV, Fire Tablet, Echo Show, or Echo Spot.
• Cloud Cam is always getting better with more advanced notifications, detection, and options. Just announced: get notified when Cloud Cam detects specific sounds: glass breaking, a baby crying, a dog barking, or a smoke/carbon monoxide alarm.
• For Amazon Key, our will have to purchase the Amazon Key Home Kit, which includes Cloud Cam (Key Edition). You will need the Cloud Cam (Key Edition) that has a Key Edition power cable to enable Amazon Key.
To mount your Amazon Cloud Cam, follow the given instructions. You will find these instructions in the Quick Start Guide that shipped with your device.
Tip: You'll need the items below to mount your Amazon Cloud Cam:
To install your Amazon Cloud Cam below mentioned points to be remembered:
• Select the spot where you would like to fit your home security cameras. Make sure to make the location is within reach of a power outlet.
• Position the mounting plate on the wall with the arrows pointing up.
• Mark the location of both screw holes using a pencil.
• Pre-drill holes into the wall by using a 3/16" drill bit.
• Place the wall plate on the wall with the arrows up. Set the holes in the plate with the anchors, and then screw both the screw into the anchors. • Plug in the power adapter into your Amazon Cloud Cam, then into a power outlet.
• Move the Amazon Cloud Cam's base over the wall fixing the plate.
• Move your Amazon Cloud Cam so that the blinking camera faces your desired viewing area.
• Once it is positioned, attach the cable to the cable catch on the wall mount.
Setup Amazon Cloud Cam
To start with Amazon Cloud Cam, put the device inside your home in the area that you want like to monitor. Next step is to download the Amazon Cloud Cam app to complete the setup.
You must be a U.S. citizen to register and use Amazon Cloud Cam.
To set up your Amazon Cloud Cam:
Install the Amazon Cloud Cam app from your device's Appstore. With the help of the Amazon Cloud Cam app, you will be able to register your device, connect your device to Wi-Fi, set wireless home security cameras preferences, talk or listen through your camera's. The Amazon Cloud Cam app is also available on mobile phones and tablets which have the minimum following software:
• iOS 9.3 or later
• Android Lollipop 5.0 or later
• FireOS 5.0 or later
Follow the instructions in the Amazon Cloud Cam app to connect to Wi-Fi and register your device. You can open the app while your Amazon Cloud Cam is in being set up and then immediately it begins the setup process. When the method is in setup mode, the indicator light will be pulsing blue and green. You will be asked to log in to your Amazon account or create a new Amazon account to complete registration. You will also need your Wi-Fi password to connect Amazon Cloud Cam to your wireless network. You will receive an error if the device is not in setup mode when registered.
Note: For security reasons, the setup mode will start after 20 minutes. Your blink security camera LED will flash yellow. To re-enter setup mode, insert a paper clip into the small pinhole reset located on the back of the device and press once. Or else, you can even unplug your Amazon security camera and then plug it back in.
Complete setup and monitor your live view. After installation, your Cloud Cam will take approximately 30 seconds to display a live camera view in the app. You will have to close and reopen the app to see your live view. If your camera's light blinks yellow and you are unable to complete setup, insert a small paper clip into the pinhole reset located on the rear of the device and hold it still for five seconds. After you see the green and blue pulsing indicator light again, start the Amazon Cloud Cam app and then retry the setup process. If there are any additional devices to set up, click the menu icon, then tap Add Camera.
The Amazon Cloud Cam app supports three different devices. Support for additional devices is provided with an Amazon Cloud Cam subscription. You may install up to ten Amazon Cloud Cam devices registered to the same Amazon.com account at any point of time.
Amazon Cloud Cam App & Settings Menu
With the provided Cloud Cam app, you will be able to set up your device, connect it to Wi-Fi, and register. You can set the need for the best home security camera system; you will be able to view the live stream, change the notification settings, access your microphone and speakers of the camera.
• Notifications: you can either enable or disable "motion detected" or "person detected" warnings and adjust its frequency. The Cloud Cam app shows a notification icon in your mobile device's taskbar when it detects any motion or a person. If sound or vibration alerts are enabled in your mobile device, you will receive a notification sound or vibration. You can manage the sound and vibration settings are managed through your mobile device settings as the Cloud Cam app is unable to achieve it. Note: For person detection, you will require a Cloud Cam subscription which is sold separately.
• Personalize the Network: Update your camera's Wi-Fi settings. To change the Wi-Fi network, tap the reset button located in the small hole on the back of the camera. Insert a paperclip into the hole and press firmly. When the camera restarts, blue and green will flash. You will need to complete the camera set up to change the Wi-Fi network.
• Home/Away: You have the freedom to choose to turn off your camera automatically when your iPhone or Android phone is in the same location as your camera.
• Alexa Notifications: Manage Alexa notifications. Mobile device notifications are not linked with the Alexa notifications are controlled, and so it can be modified in the Alexa app.
• Night Vision: you can turn the Night Vision LED lights on or off.
• Rotate Video: You will be able to turn the Rotate Video feature on or off. When Rotate Video is switched on, the video for Live view and clips gets rotated by 180 degrees. When the camera is mounted upside down, only the does the Rotate Video feature works.
• Zones: If you have purchased an Amazon Cloud Cam subscription, you can set up to four areas where the camera will ignore any motion detected. You will not receive any notifications for any people identified within your Zones.
• Wi-Fi Signal Strength Indicator: Show the Wi-Fi signal strength between the camera and the router.
The company gives this Warranty for the Amazon Device. In the details of the warranty is provided, there “we” refers to the producers of the Cloud Cam.
We promise that the Device is without any defects in materials and workmanship under ordinary consumer use for one year from the date of original retail purchase. During this warranty period, if any mistake is noticed in the Device, you should follow the instructions. For returning the Device, we will at our option, to the extent provided by law, either repair the defects of the Device using either new or refurbished parts. If needed then replace the Device with a new or refurbished Device that is of equal value to the Device to be replaced, or if nothing works, then we will refund you all or part of the purchase price of the home security camera system. This limited warranty applies to the extent limit given by law, to any repair, replacement part or replacement device for the remainder of the original warranty period or for 90 days, whichever period may be longer. This limited warranty applies only to the hardware components of the Device that are not subject to any mishap or accident because if it has, the entire warranty will become null and void.
For special instructions about how to get the warranty service for your Camera, please contact the Customer Service using the given contact information on the left side of the page. You will need to provide us with the Device in either its original packaging or in equally protective packaging to the address as mentioned by Customer Service. Before you give us your Device for service, you are responsible for removing any removable storage media and backing up any data you may have stored on your home camera system. We will not be liable for any damage or loss that may occur to the data present at that time inside the computer.
According to the instructions by law, any kind of warranties and remedies set forth above are exclusive and in accordance to all other warranties and solutions, and we expressly disclaim all statutory warranties and the warranties of any merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and against hidden or latent defects. If we cannot lawfully act on the implied warranties, then by the extent permitted by law, all such warranties shall be limited in the time of this express limited warranty and to repair or replacement service.
Jurisdictions of some starts do not allow limitations on implied warranty lasts so the above limitation may not apply to you. We are not responsible in any way for direct or indirect damages resulting from any breach of warranty or under any other legal theory. In certain jurisdictions, the current limit does not apply to death or personal injury claims, or any statutory liability for intentional and grossly negligent acts or omissions, so the above exclusion may not apply to you. The prohibition isn't allowed in certain jurisdictions. This "limitations" section does not apply to customers in the European Union.
This limited warranty gives you specific rights. You can have additional rights applicable by law, and this limited warranty does not affect such rights. So, keeping everything in mind, you should install the home camera wherever you need that extra layer of security.