RemoBell WiFi Video Doorbell Review
Remo+ is an American company which was founded in September 2014 and is a smart home security company making products to make security more reliable and easy to use. The team consists of pioneers of real-time MPEG encoding and decoding technologies with years of experience into Door Chimes & Bells.
It is the creator of the world's first over-the-door, smart security solution, DoorCam. Headquartered at Livermore in California and offices in South Korea, the company was called initially Olive & Dove with Charles Koo as its Chief Executive Officer. The company rebrand to Remo+ reflects the company's continued mission to provide simple security solutions to remote locations. The company ensures the protection of homes, loved ones, and the customer's peace of mind.
Why are smart security solutions necessary?
At Remo+, they create accessible and affordable ways for anyone to track activities around their home. With over a million houses gets broken into every year, they believe that reliable security should be more accessible and easier to use. With smart security solutions, one can monitor their houses, keep a watch on their kids, and sound an alarm if anyone is breaking into the homes.
With a video doorbell camera at home, you can keep a track on your children at home while you are at work. They also allow you to keep an eye on who they bring home. With children alone at home, it becomes challenging for them to check before opening the door to strangers. The children have to either look through the window or eye-hole before opening doors, which is not always feasible. With a video doorbell, they can see who is at the door without having to open the door.
A video doorbell also helps you keep a track on your groceries, couriers, and newspapers delivered to your doorsteps. Last but not least, for children who do not use a cell-phone or are too young to use one, the 2-way talk feature enables them to talk to their parents at work.
To sum it up, purchasing a doorbell can be an excellent investment. It is why Remo+ comes with affordable home security solutions which ensure the safety of your home and children when you are not there.
What are the features of RemoBell Wi-Fi Video Doorbell?
RemoBell Wi-Fi Video Doorbellis a battery-run, Wi-Fi enabled a wireless video doorbell that lets you answer the door from anywhere with the help of the RemoBell app. The video doorbell synchronizes to the app and allows you to communicate with the visitors via your smartphone. When a visitor is at the door, RemoBell sends a push notification and live video feed. You can see your visitors, be alert when someone is at your door, record videos, and see recent activity from the app. If you have any unattended children at your home, RemoBell is what exactly you are looking for these days. Revolutionize your security withRemoBell S Wi-Fi Video Doorbell Camera.
Why chose RemoBell Wi-Fi Video Doorbell?
RemoBell Wi-Fi Video Doorbell isbattery powered,hasnight vision,supports2-way Audio, HD videos,and hasa motion sensor.
- Battery Powered-RemoBell gets powered by six AA batteries, which makes it immensely mobile, and one can install it wherever he or she wants. Its long battery life and durability depends on the usage, and the mobile app constantly notifies you about the battery percentage.
- Set-up-Setting up the device is extremely easy. One needs to download the free mobile application from the app store and follow the on-screen instructions to register their device. For fixing the device at the doorway, one needs to fix the mounting bracket to the door and place the device in it and tighten the screw to avoid dislocation. Having done that, you can avail the services of the door Camera. It is so simple and easy to set up that anyone can set it up following the instructions on the user manual.
- Advanced Motion Sensor-One of the most interesting features of this device is its motion sensor. The Passive Infrared Sensor (PIR) detects heat radiated out of objects and sends push notifications in case there are any sorts of activity. By detecting the heat given out of the body, the sensor can detect and distinguish body movements from leaves blowing in the wind. It reduces the frequency of false motion alarms.
- Activity Log-The activity log displays every event and Cloud video your camera doorbell captures onto a timeline on the RemoBell mobile app. The activity log contains the missed and answered rings, along with motion videos. The timeline displays events from the camera doorbell, date and time of each video, and also the people who declined or answered the video. With RemoBell, you have complete control and supervision over everything.
- 2-Way Talk-RemoBell comes with a two-way talk feature where the device acts as a mobile phone which allows conversation via the mobile app and the video doorbell. It is beneficial for those children who either don't possess or are unable to use cell-phones. With this feature, they can easily communicate with their parents, who are away. You can also monitor their activities using the RemoBell app.
- Night vision-RemoBell offers a host of features that ensures all-round security of your household and children. With the night vision feature, the device also records high-quality videos at night, in the dark. It ensures that the device will send you to push notifications if they locate any activity even at night.
- Wireless-RemoBell video doorbell is a wireless video doorbell which surpasses the hassles of long drawn wires that constantly requires a power supply to operate. The wireless feature makes the device extremely handy and mobile and can get installed wherever you want.
- Size-The device is small, with the dimension 2.8*6*1.3 inches and weighing 14.1 ounces, which is a major advantage of the device.
- Weather-resistant-RemoBell Wi-Fi Video doorbell is weather and water-resistant. It can stand high temperatures of up to 122* F. One can keep himself warm or cool inside their house while talking to strangers.
- HD videos-RemoBell Wi-Fi Video Doorbell records videos in High definition. The video quality is very high, and clear videos get recorded in the device, which can be seen via the mobile app.
What is in the box?
The box of RemoBell Wi-Fi Video Doorbell contains the device, back cover with screws, the bracket with screws and anchors, and AA rechargeable batteries. The front side of the RemoBell device contains the PIR sensor, Microphone, Camera lens, ALS sensor, LED lights, Speaker, and bell button. The backside includes the reset button.
Is a Cloud plan required?
No, the Cloud plan is specifically for saving recorded videos. One will still be able to receive instant alerts through push notifications, see and communicate with visitors, and access one's activity log without a plan. RemoBell provides a complimentary 30-days trial of the Cloud plan. To save videos after the 30-days, one can extend his or her Cloud plan for $3 every 30 days or $30 per year on the website (olivendove.com).
List of Awards
- New Product Showcase Award at ISC West 2016 (April 2016)
- Door Cam wins Best In Show award at CE Week (July 2017)
- Door Cam wins CEDIA Best of Show from Residential Systems (September 2017)
- Door Cam wins CES Innovation Award (January 2018)
Range of products offered by RemoBell
RemoBell mostly offers a range of security solutions for the home. They offer a variety of products having multiple features depending on your demand and necessities. Some of them are-
With Door Cam, you can monitor any entryway with the world's first and only wire-free, over-the-door smart HD camera with built-in motion sensor, 2-way talk, and not to forget the night vision feature. Door Cam can be installed within seconds and lasts up to 12 months until batteries need to get replaced. Door Cam can be self-installed in seconds by hanging it over most doors without damaging property. They are mostly compatible with doors that are 1-3/8" to 2" in thickness and push to open from the outside. Moreover, the device can get connected with Alexa or Google for better features. This product is ranged at $199.00 and is easily available on Amazon.
Remo+ RemoBell S
With this device, you know who is at your door with RemoBell S, the fast-responding video-enabled doorbell. Replace your existing wired doorbell with features like HD video, live stream on-demand, advanced motion detection, and customizable motion zones. With a wide viewing angle and video-based motion detection, RemoBell S helps you monitor and record all front door activity in time.
It can also be linked with Google or Alexa to enhance its features. Its two-way talk feature and weather resistance enables it to protect your home better. It is priced at $199.00 and is widely available on Amazon.
Remo+ RemoBell W
RemoBell W enables you to see, hear, and talk to visitors in real-time, even when you're away from home. The device's cutting-edge video technology further enhances the full HD video quality and sharp details. RemoBell W lets you keep an eye on the front door wherever you want, whenever you want. Remo+ Wi-Fi indoor chime is included.
Some other features include-
- PIR motion sensor
- 160 field of view
- Instant push notifications on your smart device (iOS 9 and above, or Android 4.1 and above)
- Remo+ Indoor Chime for hands-free alerts (up to 90decibels)
The product is available on Amazon and is priced at $199.00.Alongside these products, all kinds of accessories like Battery chargers, Indoor chimes, extended warranty, and power kits are available.
What are its alternatives?
Although there is no other company that parallels the smart security solutions provided by Remo+, there are few other companies that offer products like these.
JLB7 tech offers a video door phone intercom system with 4-Wire, 7" cleared monitor video doorbell kit with night version wild angle, HD waterproof camera, and supports remote unlock, monitoring, recording, and snapshot. The device is available on Amazon for $139.00. Its other features are as follows.
- 7 inch HD monitor with low power consumption and high definition, fashion, and ultra-thin design. It is equipped with full view IPS HD LCD monitor.
- It is a 1080P Doorbell with IR cut and IR LED and Light sensor and supported 115wide angle and 1080P(AHD) camera that provides a clearer image.
- It is a Hands-free intercom, sensitive touch button, and supports door answering, monitoring, electronic locking, and unlocking.
- It takes automatic snapshots and recordings. With triggered motion detection, the doorbell will automatically receive a photo or video save in additional Micro SD card.
- It has an IP65 Waterproof cover design, works stable on rainy, cloudy days or even in snow.
- It plays photo as a photo frame and plays MP3 ringtone from SD card and the ringtone volume can be adjustable.
- It has up to 2 doorbells and 2 CCTV cameras that can be connected with 4 indoor monitors.
- Scout Alarm Video Doorbell is also an alternative which is priced at $119.00 at Amazon. This device is loaded with features like two-way audio interface, HD video recording, easy to set up, modular design, and interchangeable faceplates. The video can be accessed through the Scout app, which is compatible with both Apple and Android. It also integrates with Amazon Echo, Amazon Echo, Google Assistant, Google Nest, and Phillips Hue.
RemoBell Wi-Fi Video Doorbell is a smart security solution to your modern problems. With the rapid increase in robbery and thefts, this device is an investment you will not regret making. With this device, you can now enjoy all the great features of a video doorbell.
Recording HD videos, easy to setup, its push notifications, 2-way audio feature, infrared night vision, PIR motion sensor, low battery reminders, cloud recordings, activity log, multiple viewer access with 5 people per account, 120 viewing angle, multiple device access up to 5 devices per account, Wi-Fi enabled, battery-powered, lifetime theft guarantee, and mobile access with the free RemoBell app are some of its other features.
RemoBellWi-Fi Video Doorbell is water, heat, and weather-resistant. Its ability to withstand most weather conditions (0F to 122F) enables you to stay inside and keep warm and let the doorbell answer the door. So, if you care about your loved ones, and are worried about their safety while you are away at work. RemoBell is precisely the security what you are looking for these days.