Ring Alarm Motion Detector Review
The Ring is an American company, owned by Amazon, which was founded in 2012 and is a smart home and home security company making products to make security accessible and reliable. The team consists of 1300employees with years of experience, innovating, and continuously adapting to the changing needs of the modern household.
The company was founded by Jamie Siminoff and is headquartered at Santa Monica in California and offices in Kyiv, Ukraine. The company was initially called Doorbot with Amazon acquiring the company in 2018. The company reflects the mission to provide simple security solutions to the remotest of locations. The company also ensures the protection of homes and your peace of mind.
Why are smart security solutions necessary?
At Ring, they create simple and cost-effective ways to track activities around one's home. With over two million houses getting broken into every year, the company believes that reliable and trustworthy security should be more accessible to people. With smart security solutions, one can monitor their homes, keep a watch on their kids, and sound an alarm if anyone is trying to break into the houses.
With a video doorbell camera or a motion sensor alarm at home, one can keep a track on his or her children at home while they are at work. They also allow one to keep an eye on who comes home. It becomes complicated for the children, left alone at home, to check before opening the door to strangers. The children have to either look through the window or openings before attending the door, which is not advisable. With an alarm or a video doorbell, they can see who is at the door without having to open the door.
A video doorbell or a motion sensor alarm also helps you keep a track on your groceries, couriers, and newspapers delivered to your doorsteps. Last but not least, for children who do not use a cell-phone, or are too young to use one. The 2-way talk feature, provided by the devices manufactured by Ring, enables them to talk to their parents at work.
To sum it up, purchasing an alarm can be an excellent investment, and that is why Ring comes with efficient home security solutions, which ensure the safety of your houses and children when you are absent.
What is the mission of Ring?
The mission of Ring is to reduce crime in the neighborhood. This mission inspires their team and strategy in every decision. It is the statement that they live by when they engineer and design not only the products, that one sees today. But the future features and technological innovations that they are committed to delivering in a long time to come. It also makes the overtimes and the seemingly impossible tasks, more bearable as they know that their hard work will ensure safety to all its customers. And make a positive impact on their houses, their communities, and the world, at large.
What are the features of Ring Alarm Motion Detector?
Ring Alarm Motion Detectoris a battery-powered, Z-wave enabled a wireless system. That requires an alarm base station that lets you monitor your home from anywhere with the help of the Ring app. The alarm motion detector syncs to the app and enables you to communicate with the visitors through your smartphone.
Suppose there is a visitor at the door, or inside your house, the device detects motion and sends push notifications, and triggers an alarm in case of suspicious activities. You can see your visitors, be alert when someone is at your house or neighborhood, detect smoking, and see recent activity from the app. If you have any unattended children at your home, this device is what you exactly require. Revolutionize your home security withRing Alarm Motion Detector.
Why chose Ring Alarm Motion Detector?
Ring Alarm Motion Detectoris analarm system,battery-powered,supports2-way Audio,and hasmotion sensors.It evenworks with Alexa.
- Battery Powered-3V lithium batteries, power the ring Alarm Motion Detector. Which makes it immensely mobile and one can install it wherever he or she wants, either in a corner or on the wall. Its long battery life, which is approximately 3 years, and durability depends on the usage, and the mobile app regularly notifies you about the battery percentage.
- Easy Installation-Setting up the device is extremely easy, with no extra tools required. One needs to download the free mobile application from the app store and follow the on-screen instructions to register their device. For fixing the device on the wall or corner mount, one needs to fix it on the mounting bracket to avoid dislocation. Having done that, you can avail the services of thealarm system. It is so simple and easy to set up that anyone can set it up following the instructions on the user manual.
- Advanced Motion Sensitivity-One of the most exciting features of this device is itsmotion sensors. When the sensor detects unauthorized motion, it sends mobile alerts reporting the activity. It is created in such a way that it does not detect pets weighing under approximately 50 lbs when mounted above seven feet. It reduces the frequency of false motion alarms.
- 2-Way Talk-Ring Alarm Motion Detector comes with a two-way talk feature where the device acts as a mobile phone which allows conversation via the mobile app and the device and is Compatible with any iOS or Android device. It is beneficial for those children who either don't possess or are unable to use cell-phones. With this feature, they can easily communicate with their parents, who are away. You can also monitor their activities using the Ring app.
- Wireless-Ring Alarm Motion Detector is a wireless alarm system that surpasses the hassles of long drawn wires that continually requires a power supply to operate. The wireless feature makes the device extremely handy and mobile and can be installed wherever you want.
- Size-The device is small, with the dimensions 3.54 inches * 2.44 inches * 1.77 inches and a lightweight tool which is a significant advantage of the invention.
- Weather resistant-This device is weather and water resistant. It can withstand high temperatures from 32*F to 120* F.
- Connectivity-This device is Z-wave enabled and works in an ambit of 250-foot range from the base station. It alsoworks with Alexa, and voice control can be added to this device by combining it with a hub. The device is compatible with IOS and Android.
- Subscription Plans- The Company's products require 'Ring Protect' subscription plan to store and view recordings without a subscription. However, the user is limited to real-time footage only. The "Ring Protect Basic" plan allows the footage to be stored for 60 days only, while the "Ring Protect Plus" subscription provides "unlimited" storage.
More about the device
The Ring Alarm system is the best alarm system at the given price of $29.99 (single kit) at Amazon. At only $100 per year for 24*7 professional monitoring, this system quickly gives the others a fierce competition. Once out of the box, the set up is effortless. So much so that you don't even need a manual. You need to follow the directions on the app, and you will get done in no time.
Overall, the Ring Alarm, with its sleek design and simple installation, is revolutionary in home security system solutions. It can be installed both at home and office. One can manage multiple locations on the app as well as add authorized users to each site separately.
- Easy installation and quick setup
- Spend just $10 per month or $100 per year for 24/7 professional monitoring
- Base station is packed with Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, RJ45 port, Z-wave plus, AT&T cell backup, backup battery
- Keypad has a backup battery that lasts for 6 months on a single charge
- App offers a lot of customization, chirp options, volume control, push notification, easy to use
- Base station emits different colored lights - (Disarmed Red Ring), (Home/Away - Blue Ring)
- Starter kit includes a Z-Wave range extender
- Let's you add multiple users
- Additional add-on sensors are affordable
- Keypad will announce Away, Disarmed, and Home modes
- Keypad doesn't chirp when doors or sensors are triggered, only on the base station
- Door/window sensors are a little too big in my opinion
- If you wall-mount the base station and want to use a cat connection, there's not a cutout to drop the wire down, only for the power cable
- You always have to enter your 4-digit passcode before activating any modes
- With Home mode active, the door sensors have a minimum 30-second delay when triggered
- Can't add guest passcode, and a guest user must create a Ring account
- No home automation or 3rd party integration as of yet
Range of products offered by Ring
Ring mostly provides a range of security solutions for the home. They offer a variety of products having multiple features depending on your demand and necessities. Some of them are-
Ring Video Doorbell
The Ring Video Doorbell is Ring's flagship product. It is a smart security solution that contains an HD camera, a microphone, a motion sensor, and a speaker for two-way audio communication. It integrates with the Ring mobile app. It allows users to view real-time video from the camera, receive mobile alerts when the doorbell is rung, and also helps to communicate with visitors at the doorstep through an integrated speaker and microphone. It is also operated as a surveillance camera and can automatically trigger recordings when initiated, or when its motion sensors are activated. There is also a second-generation model (Ring Doorbell 2) that got released in 2017, with new a hardware, and a 1080p camera with improved low-light performance.The "Ring Chime" is a unit for the doorbell, plugged into a power outlet to play the doorbell's sound. The "Chime Pro" is a wi-fi enabled repeater.
Other Home Security products
"Stick-Up Cam," a wireless IP camera, was released by Ring in 2015 which was a step towards modern security solutions. It was refurbished in 2018 with a cylindrical form factor, motion sensing, 2-way audio, battery-powered, wired with solar power options.
In 2017, Ring released a Floodlight Cam integrated with a pair of 1500-lumen LED floodlights which can be activated by motion. The company also has on offer a variety of security cameras and smart lights. It also has a range of Alarm Window and Contacts Sensor and Alarm Flood and Freeze Sensor. It also offers 2-Pack Alarm Smoke and Co Listener and Ring Alarm Slim Magnet.
In 2018, Ring launched an alarm security kit, including a keypad, a siren, and a motion sensor. At CES 2019, the company announced a peephole camera.
What are its alternatives?
Although there is no other company that parallels the smart security solutions provided by Remo+, there are few other companies that offer products like these.
JLB7 tech offers a video door phone intercom system. With 4-Wires, 7" cleared monitor video doorbell kit, with night version wild angle, HD waterproof camera. It also supports remote unlock, monitoring, recording, and snapshot features within a single device. The device is available on Amazon for $139.00. Its other features are as follows.
- 7 inch HD monitor with low power consumption and high definition, fashion, and ultra-thin design. It is equipped with full view IPS HD LCD monitor.
- It is a 1080P Doorbell with IR cut and IR LED and Light sensor and supported 115wide angle and 1080P(AHD) camera that provides a clearer image.
- It is a Hands-free intercom, sensitive touch button, and supports door answering, monitoring, electronic locking, and unlocking.
- It takes automatic snapshots and recordings. With triggered motion detection, the doorbell will automatically take a photo or video save in additional Micro SD card.
- It has an IP65 Waterproof cover design, works stable on rainy, cloudy days or even in snow.
- It plays photo as a photo frame and plays MP3 ringtone from SD card and the ringtone volume can be adjustable.
- It has up to 2 doorbells and 2 CCTV cameras that can be connected with four indoor monitors.
Ring Alarm Motion Detector is a smart security solution to modern problems. With the rapid increase in robbery, this device is an investment you will not regret. You can now enjoy all the great features of an alarm system.
Advanced alarm systems, easy installation, mobile alerts, 2-way audio feature, motion sensors, low battery reminders, subscription plans, activity log, multiple viewer access, Bluetooth and Wi-Fi enabled, battery-powered, and mobile access with the free Ring app are some of its other features.
Ring Alarm Motion Detector is water, heat, and weather-resistant. Its ability to withstand most weather conditions (32F to 120F) makes it durable. So, if you care about your loved ones, and are worried about their safety while you are away at work. This device is precisely the thing what you are looking for in these current days.