Skybell HD WiFi Doorbell Camera 1080p Color Night Vision Review
Sometimes just a peephole inserted in your front door isn't enough to know exactly whats happening outside. Smart doorbells are designed to take the legwork out of the intelligent home while also offering security and additional convenience. In todays date, the burglaries are getting bright on how to break in into a house, so you need to get smarter to keep your home safe. If you are thinking to buy a smart doorbell for your home or office the Skybell HD doorbell Wi-Fi camera should be your pick because it has got the most positive feedback in almost all online shopping sites. Alarm.com presents Skybell Wi-Fi doorbell camera for its costumers where users can view live video and control the device. Alarm.com is giving subscribers the ability to monitor and answer their door remotely. Every day millions of people across the globe trust Alarm.coms technology to ensure the security of their homes, family or office. Skybell HD doorbell camera is the most premium smart doorbell, which gives you the control, convenience, and safety you have never had before at a very affordable price.
- Skybell HD Wi-Fi doorbells have a stylish and compact outer body, perfect size to kill any doubt or suspicion of its excellent function. Dimensions of the product are 2.8 inches/7.1 centimetres wide, 0.9 inches/2.2 centimetres deep. It's light in weight of 1.9 ounces/53.8gram.The product comes with two colour variants Oil-rubbed bronze and silver, choose the one that matches your wall colour.
- Apart from its marvellous craft of design, it is also very durable. It is so well designed to withstand adverse climatic conditions like heat, rain, snow and humidity.
The product is dust and rust-resistant as well.
If you are concerned about the longevity of the product, then Skybell assures you that you wont regret a bit. Adding to it Skybell is the only product that can work with a temperature range between -40 to 140 degree Fahrenheit. Along with that, the whole product comes with theft warranty that is if your Skybell is stolen, the company will replace it free of charge.
- The device can work with a power ranging from 8-36VAC or 12V DC, and 0.5-1AMP current and can be wired to in-home mechanical chime. But digital doorbell chime compatibility requires Skybell Digital Doorbell adapter.
- Skybell HD doorbell believes in the DIY norm, and the whole package comes with a mounting plate, hardware kit, installation tools and a quick start guide.
So you don't need an expert electrician for it you can easily install the device at your front door with less than 10 minutes, it will take not more than 30 minutes to start working. It can be easily hooked up with the app to control a wide range of functions including picture quality, volume control, silencing the chime, motion detector etc. The app and device are straightforward to operate yet handy.
- Skybell sends alert Whenever a visitor presses the bell, the device would send a live alert to everyone who has approved mobile phones to the device. If you accept the alarm, Skybells video camera will send a live video feed to your smartphone, so you can see, hear and talk to the person. An interesting fact about Skybell HD doorbell is that you can connect as many people as you want with the device, there's no limit on that. Provided every user has a compatible mobile phone would receive the alert, and one person can answer the live video feed.
- Matter of concern is what if the person doesnt press the bell instead knock the door, there the motion sensors come to play.
Youll receive an alert that a person is at your doorstep for more than 10 seconds, you can start audio and video feed from Skybell by opening the 'On-demand' feature in the app.
- Activity history- the device can be reviewed for the whole day's event while you are away, which includes missed visitors, answered video calls and motion alerts.
- We are mostly worried about our home security when we are on holiday or visiting somewhere out of town. For which it becomes essential to know who is looming outside our front door. We are keeping that in mind, Skybell has created an impeccable camera including auto-scaling and full colour.
- Most of us face a very similar problem when it comes to peephole that we can't see the person clearly, so to resolve that the high degree resolution video camera of supreme pixel rate 1080/720P enabled in the doorbell gives a clear cut image of the person. To see a clear vision like mobile phones, Skybell has added zoom-in feature up to 5X zooming. The Skybell HD camera generally covers H264*30FPS(Frames Per Second) HD with 180 degrees of field view and full-colour night vision up to 8 feet range. And you can also capture a snap photo of your visitor with the touch of a button.
- Apart from being a doorbell, it took over the work of Surveillance camera as well, so you observe the activity of the area it works on the IP network which connects the camera from a remote location to the central site and transfers all the information.
- Skybell HD can stream and record video up to 1080P resolution, but if your internet connection cant handle that much of load, you can reset the quality. For which open setting' in Skybell HD app and select 'Image Quality' where you can take it to as much low as 480P. Alongside that Skybell is designed to automatically scale the FPS according to your data connection speed to prevent dropped connections.
- Well, you can view recorded videos from the app, but after a certain amount of time like any other apps, it gets removed. But if you want you can keep all the videos by downloading it to your local storage either from iOS or android for any future references.
- Skybell has introduced the life-changing feature in its product, which enables you to answer the door from your phone with the two-way audio. You can enjoy full communication with anyone who is outside your door no matter whether you are physically present there or not.
There are many positive reviews on this particular feature of the product because using this feature; people have to make-believe to others that 'they are home.
- What distinguish Skybell doorbell from other is its free cloud recording straight away from the app. The user won't have to pay any extra charges for it, and it's free. Only a one-time payment is required to take this product home.
- One of the distinguishing features of the doorbell is its night vision enabled; most of the criminal acts happen at night, but with Skybell HD doorbell camera you can see clear images with full colour of the person in pitch dark as well. So the company is assuring cent per cent security 24*7.
- To hear what's happening outside your door Skybell HD doorbell has installed an omnidirectional microphone in its product, which means whether the user speaks from the front, back, left or right side, the receiver will record the signals all with equal gain.You can interact with the person standing outside your door no matter where you are right from your smartphone.
- You can control your doorbell when to ring and when not to. Skybell HD has a feature where you can mute the doorbell so that when someone presses the bell, it doesn't ring. For which from the app, all you need to do is to toggle on the 'Indoor Chime' setting to turn it off or mute the bell. This feature would be a massive benefit for the homeowners who want peace and no interrupting noise inside the house.
- Unlock the door from anywhere-
For instance, you have an essential package delivery due, and you are getting impatient for it. There the Skybell HD doorbell camera works like a miracle when the delivery person rings the bell you can ask them to leave the package inside by unlocking the front door by the smart lock icon that appears in the video call.
- A device that cares for your happiness-
Most of us felt left out because we were busy working when our kids reach home, but Alarm.com powered video doorbell sends daily video alert when kids arrive home from school. Kids also feel great to hear your voice when they are back.
Apart from that, you can have a daily update of with whom they are coming and wont have to worry about their safety.
- Motion sensitivity Most of the doorbell cameras offer motion sensitivity, but none of the company is even half as good as Skybell HD doorbell camera.
Skybell HD uses the PIR motion sensor means Passive Infrared Sensor, which is an electronic sensor that measures infrared light radiating from objects in its field view. Mostly the PIR based motion sensors are used in security alarms that's why Skybell goes for the best in the market.
The motion sensor won't activate until the person outside stands for 10 or more seconds; this lowers the false alarms caused by any movement outside the entryway.
You must be curious about how it works-
- Skybell comes with a unique feature of adjusting the motion sensor. To improve the motion sensitivity on the Skybell HD, start-up by opening the Skybell app.
- It has three sensitivity adjusting functions high, medium and low.
Here's how this function works
- High:Detects someone walking by from up to ten feet away, with little detection when someone walks towards your door.
- Medium:Detects someone walking by from up to seven feet away, and detects someone walking up to the doorbell from three feet away.
- Low:Detects someone walking by from up to five feet away, and detects someone walking up to the doorbell from five feet away
- Skybell can be easily integrated with your home appliances as well. For instance, you can set up settings from the app to automatically switch on the porch light as soon as any motion detected by the doorbell.
- You must be wondering that if the device has so many functions, the battery must be draining very fast.
Skybell runs with 2 AAA batteries. The device is so well designed that it makes effective use of the battery so that it can smoothly run for 3-5 years, which saves both your time and money.
- Skybell has done some keen work on its product, and there's an 'LED setting in which different colour indicates different function. It might not be an overwhelming feature but does give an idea of how much efforts the company puts in its product to make it perfect.
Who should buy this product
- In the event of a burglary, you would have a clear view of the culprit to provide necessary pieces of evidence to catch them
- Older adult, who face trouble getting around or anyone who can't or doesnt want to can warn the visitors that it may take some time to answer the door.
- House-makers find it challenging to do all the household works and simultaneously have an eye on the front door and porch. It would definitely be an excellent gift for them.
- Mom's love Skybell because with the indoor chime, they can silence the house during the naptime and make sure no one comes between a baby and their precious naptime.
- Admit it or not we all have some people in our life whom we always want to avoid. With the smart video doorbell camera, you no longer have to tiptoe to your peephole rather you have to avoid or let them believe that you are 'not home.'
- Most of the people who are living alone are generally concerned about their vehicles parked outside of their home in general, for them the Skybell HD doorbell camera would work like a miracle.
- Hence, Skybell HD Wi-Fi doorbell camera suits perfectly for everyone.